Press Announcement – Bloomberg LineThe most relevant digital financial and business news multiplatform in Latin America, celebrates one year of presence and presents its second edition 500 of Latin Americawhich highlights the most influential businessmen, executives, entrepreneurs, philanthropists and public servants in the region.
Catalog, available in Spanish, BloombergLinea.comPortuguese, BloombergLínea.com.brand English, Bloomberg Line, The 500 honorees recognize the actions and initiatives undertaken throughout the year to lead Latin America’s economic recovery amid a difficult year due to global events and regional and local issues.
Among the most prominent characters of the 2022 edition 500 of Latin AmericaBloomberg Line’s editorial team, after an intensive screening of thousands of candidates, selected figures who have been in the business for decades, as well as CEOs, executives, founders, artists and athletes who have emerged during the most recent year. .
In this edition, some individuals who continue to hold leadership roles in the region such as Carlos Slim, Daniel Servitje, Stanley Motta, Luis Carlos Sarmiento, Isabel Noboa, Eduardo Logeman or Carlos Alberto Sicupira repeat their positions. Other names are included that have had less time, but have already established themselves as the most visible faces in their respective ecosystems, such as the founders of technological giants such as Marcelo Clair or Jaime Xunzunegui, Marcos Galperin, Martin Migoya or Sergio Fogel, and People like Isela Constantini or Xiomara Castro, the first woman to reach the presidency of Honduras.
Thus the Latin America 2022 list of 500 was created
According to Bloomberg Line’s editorial boardThe 2022 selection includes nearly 200 new characters, confirming the intent of the first list. 500 of Latin America As a living entity that changes with time.
The selection of 500 of Latin America 2022 was worthy and Edited by Bloomberg Line’s Editorial Committee Based on proposals from more than 70 of our journalists across the continent. 500 operate and originate in Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Dominican Republic, Uruguay and Venezuela. This edition considers characters from Cuba, Nicaragua, and Puerto Rico, as well as a selection of officials and businessmen of Hispanic American origin in the United States.
The editorial committee emphasizes that the list of 500 in Latin America is not a ranking and the selection is not made based on the fortunes of the nominees, but to recognize their recent actions, especially in areas such as job creation, growth momentum. measures; and global reach through its achievements.
Similarly, the Editorial Committee states that the Bloomberg Line recognizes the diversity that exists in Latin America at a time when creative and efficient measures are needed to overcome the various crises affecting the region.
The first year of tangible growth
Listed as Latin America’s 500, as well 100 Innovators of 2021 Y 50 Women of Impact They are part of Bloomberg Line’s editorial offering, which is complemented by a growing range of multi-platform content.
According to Kaio Philipe, in its first year of operation, Bloomberg Línea was accessed by at least 3 million unique users per month, thus becoming the main destination for business and finance news in Latin America.
“This is how we celebrate our first anniversary and we couldn’t be more excited,” said Philip.
One of Bloomberg Line’s achievements since its launch in 2021
- Rapid user growth: monthly reach that reached from zero to 23 million people through all its channels;
- No more 3 million unique users who visit the site monthly;
- 11 newsletters with more than 150,000 subscribers;
- thousands Paid subscribers They enjoy content in an unlimited way;
- More than 150 stories Each day, generated by a team of more than 70 professionals across the region who also leverage Bloomberg’s global resources of 2,700 reporters and analysts with local content;
- 4 podcasts, 1 videocast and 2 webseries with exclusive content (‘Casa de Negocio$’ and ‘Que Pasa en Venezuela?’ in Brazil);
- “Strategy of the Day” is the #1 news podcast. According to Spotify, Apple and Amazon, it became the most listened to in Mexico and a dozen other countries in the region;
- a Active community in social networks More than half a million followers;
- The International News Media Association recognized Bloomberg Linea as the best digital media product launched in 2021; Y
- More than 50 advertisers and partners.
Launched in 2021 through an agreement between Bloomberg Media and Falik Media, The Bloomberg line has grown rapidly Among the leading news platforms in Latin America, serving more than 16 countries in the region.